Intraining Systems is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Intraining Systems will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, Intraining Systems seeks to opt in to the Privacy Act 1988 (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
Intraining Systems must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act. In particular Intraining Systems declares that it will: Not collect personal information unless: the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of the Intraining Systems, AND the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
- Not collect personal information by any unlawful means; collect the information only directly from the individual;
- Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of the fact that the information is being collected, AND the purposes for which the information is being collected, AND the intended recipients of the information;
- Whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided, AND the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information, AND the name and address of the Intraining Systems department that is collecting the information and the Intraining Systems department that is to hold the information;
- Ensure that any information collected is relevant to the intended purpose, is not excessive, is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual;
- Ensure that the information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, etc.;
- Ensure that everything possible is done to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of the information;
- Help an individual to ascertain whether the Intraining Systems holds personal information, whether the Intraining Systems holds personal information relating to them, and, if so, the nature of that information, its purpose, and their entitlement to gain access to the information;
- Provide the individual with access to the information;
- Make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading;
- Attach to the information, in such a manner as is capable of being read with the information, any statement provided by that individual of any amendment sought;
- Notify recipients of the information contained in the amendments made;
- Not use the information without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading;
- Not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless: the individual to whom the information relates has consented to the use of the information for that other purpose, OR the other purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected, OR the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates, or of another person;
- Not disclose unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person;
- Ensure that, if personal information is disclosed to a person or body that is a public sector agency, that agency does not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to it;
- Not disclose any personal information relating to:
- an individual’s ethnic or racial origin; OR
- political opinions; OR
- religious or philosophical beliefs; OR
- trade union membership; OR
- health or sexual activities.