Chainsaw Training Courses
Chainsaw Training Courses with Intraining Systems cover the disciplines necessary for safe and efficient operation of chainsaws in a highly variable work environment. Nationally Recognised Training leads to the issue of a ‘Statement of Attainment’ that is recognised in workplaces across Australia.
Our courses will take the operator from the basics of pre-start checks to the skills required for basic tree felling; safely using ‘directional’ tree felling techniques. Further training is available for more specialized tree work such as intermediate tree felling or advanced tree felling. Risk assessment & risk management, operator maintenance and PPE/equipment requirements are all covered at the entry level with our “crosscutting” Operate and Maintain Chainsaws course.
Chainsaw training includes all aspects of safe ground operation of chainsaws:
- Comprehensive coverage of legislative requirements, organization safety policies and environmental issues.
- Basic equipment requirements such as support tools and personal protective equipment
- Hazards and safety protocols
- Basic operator maintenance.
Our chainsaw training courses cover the operation of chainsaws in a highly variable context, with a maximum hands-on time using the equipment under the watchful eye of our instructors including:
- Basic cross cutting on the ground – including safe cutting procedures demonstrated for a variety of work situations encountered. Minimum damage to equipment and risk to the operator is reinforced here again in a practical context.
- Tree felling courses emphasize foremost the personal safety aspect of tree felling operations, and give clear definitions on accuracy requirements and the type of cut required. Maintaining good control in a variety of felling situations must be demonstrated in order to reach competency.
Click on the links right for details of our nationally recognised chainsaw courses – or contact Intraining Systems today with your enquiry.